Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day Adventure

A Happy Veteran's Day and thank you to all of those who serve and have served for our country!
I had the good fortune of being in NYC today to witness the Veteran's Day Parade down Fifth Ave. I must say- it was inspirational seeing the lines of service men and women march down the street while hearing "God Bless the USA" by a high school choir. (Hits close to home on a number of levels.)


After a few minutes of enjoying the parade- my mother and I made our way through the crowded streets and happened upon a goldmine of books. I had completely forgotten about this used bookstore in midtown! They had a deal today- in their clearance section (all books $1!!) 5 for $3!! I stocked up. It also proved to be a holding ground for undiscovered treasures. I have been part of many Professional Developments including ones based in my district, Teachers College development, etc. I have heard MANY titles and purchased TONS. However, there were some that I had never heard of that were unbelievable! Here is my score:



The most expensive hardcover was $8.50. Seriously- very creative mentor texts, clever craft moves, and touching stories. 
The store had used movies, video games, and adult books as well. Here is the info about the place:

Bookoff
49 W45th Street
New York, NY

Do you have used bookstores near you?
Wiped after a fun-filled day in the city! Hope you enjoyed the long weekend!

~Tish

No comments:

Post a Comment