Sunday, August 18, 2013

Prep-mania!

As the start of yet another school year looms dangerously close, I have a list of things to keep me busy/sane/organized. This year is a little different. I like to go in a few days before we need to be back just to get a jump on the craziness. However, I will only get three days this year because I will be returning from my honeymoon the week before we go back!!! Not only that, but due to a medical issue with my principal, we are having the "Open House Welcome" to meet the kids on a day that is normally our "Teacher Prep" day.  In a nutshell – I need to have my classroom kid-ready before we technically go back...and I have three days to get it all done!

Deeeeep breath.

I was able to snag a copy of my classlist...which I am grateful for!!! I am writing up desk tags, printing name labels, and getting ready for a great year.  I have a feeling this is going to be a good one! (At least I hope)! I would love to get a handle on back to school activities before we dive into the nitty gritty of curriculum.

So CUTE:


Life is full of beautiful things.

Pinterest is full of beautiful ideas. Thank you creative teachers for making this back to school year exciting!

Funny Somewhat Topical Ecard: Pinterest makes me like people I've never met... Facebook makes me dislike people I know in real life.


I guess step one is layout. I have been working hard on setting up cozy and welcoming nooks in my room.  I found some adorable ideas!


I think the tricky part is having it look fun without being over stimulating for some kiddos.


And I WISH I was creative enough to make those cute storage crate stools!! I just don't know if I have the craft power.



 If my doorway had a layout like this picture- I would try this amazing design!


 Fall and Halloween Door Display Bulletin Board Idea


Right now my room will be set up like last year.  I will try to get a picture when I am granted open access to my room. I need to find a place for everything.  Storage (or lack of it) is a HUGE challenge for me in my room.  What is your biggest challenge??

No comments:

Post a Comment