Sunday, July 21, 2013

Dollar Spot Delight!

Dollar. Spot. Target. Need I say more? Goldmine! (Although honestly, when I saw they were in full back-to-school mode – panic struck). I was able to snag a TON of Dr. Seuss pencils, erasers, crayons, and "hats." There were also these mini Dr. Seuss tote bags. I picked up four, knowing I could use them for a center or cool "special person/reader/student/guest" thing. I also grabbed adorable speech bubble post-its and sparkly button magnets. Fun times!

You could not pass those bags up, right?



The swirly straws on the top right corner were not from the dollar section. Those gems are tucked away in the party section. I busted out the big bucks and dropped $3 per package. So worth it. I turn them into their birthday treats for the year using an idea from Once Upon a First Grade Teacher:



How easy?? I tape one of these on each straw, put it in a recycled container, and POOF! A fun, non-edible birthday treat!

And finally...

  I purchased this adorable mini filing portfolio. I think I can put sight words for my strugglers, word study ideas, stickers...anything! The other packages are three packs of reusable sandwich bags. I think these might be my favorite. There is just so much you can do! I pictured sending my kiddos home with their sight word cards tucked neatly in so that they can practice at home. 3 in each package at $1 per package! I am trying to curb my spending, but I just see these deals and it's like I can't help it!  This is what I looked like after:





I am trying to avoid doing too many teacher things over the summer, but it is just impossible. When I am not planning for my wedding, I am pinning. When I am not pinning, I am planning for next year. Can't help it. Most teachers can agree.

And something completely random, leaving you with a laugh:









No comments:

Post a Comment