Friday, July 12, 2013

Pinterest Experiments

I don't know about you, but Pinterest sucks up much of my time these days.  How do people put such cute outfits together?  How could someone possibly cook up muffins that look so perfectly gooey and delicious?  How does someone have the time to make a bookshelf out of Popsicle sticks?? (Well, that last one was exaggerated...or I just have not found it on Pinterest yet.)  I have actually tried a few of my pins, but they just never seem to come out as the picture shows. I mean, have you seen some peoples wedding boards? It seems that it can and has become a total obsession for some folks. Now that I have some time, I've decided to try out some of these magical ideas that just seem so "easy" or are "only a few steps." Since it's summer, and I am doing my best not to obsess over preparing for next year, I decided to start with something non-school related. We shall see Pinterest, we shall see...

Let's start simple:
Test #1- Sweet Potato Fries
Seems easy enough.  Trying to be healthy- but searching for the crisp crunch of a good fry.  Here was the picture- easy peasy, right? WRONG!


Pinterest Picture:



Mine:
#Fail
 Despite tossing them in an ample amount of olive oil, they were GLUED to the baking sheet! The worst part- they were still mushy! :( Any better thoughts??

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=b72bd93666&view=att&th=13fd065be0100a9d&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_d2tol4gFRtobfmab9CjSB&sadet=1373631668921&sads=n3mNVLo3etHWe_vbtwwrI3ddG0A&sadssc=1



I think that my next pin experiment will be slightly easier to impress with and significantly harder to mess up. Happy Pinning!


No comments:

Post a Comment